Production Team Leader
Production Team Leader, Longport, Stoke on Trent
A Production Team Leader role has arisen in a leading Company who are at the forefront of the railroad revolution, with a blend of history and innovation that drives them each day.
The Company, part of a larger leading Company, have a number of facilities in the UK; where they undertake the manufacture of specialist parts for the rail industry, with around three quarters of their product going into the rail infrastructure in the UK. They take pride in the high standard of their product and the service that they deliver to their customers.
The Production Team Leader Role:
To coach, mentor and lead the team creating a culture of continuous improvement to increase safety and efficiency. To work closely with the manager to ensure maximum operational effectiveness and minimum downtime for area of responsibility. This is a hands-on role.
- Work closely with Management team to ensure maximum operational effectiveness and minimum downtime.
- Plan and distribute current workload in the team to ensure deadlines are met.
- Resource planning - annual leave, training, sickness absence.
- Keep in regular communication with Production Supervisor regarding performance/ output against target.
- Plan the timely delivery of work in-line with QHSE and quality assurance requirements.
- Develop the work area to maximize safety and efficiency
- Responsible for risk assessments in their area
- Coordinate, attend and lead team meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring the production of high quality product and zero defects
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Measure team performance and undertake performance management as required
- Responsible for the day to day line management of Fitter/ Welders and Apprentices in your team.
- Coach, mentor and lead your team creating a culture of continuous improvement to increase efficiency.
Salary: GBPCompetitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to: Production Team Leader, Production Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Operations Line Manager, Section Leader, Manufacturer, Rail Industry, Railway, Locomotive, Crewe, Stafford, Market Drayton, Staffordshire, Northwich, Derby, Cannock