Corporate Finance and Administration Manager
In this varied role, you'll head up the team that takes a closer look at how Aldi is performing and shares best practice knowledge with our international business.
You'll ensure that your team produces the kind of reports that allow the Directors to make business-critical decisions. Importantly, you'll highlight where the finances are heading and flag up any areas that need particular attention. What you say and what you do can have a real impact on the future of Aldi. We do things our own way here. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. It means now, more than ever, we need to keep on top of our finances.
The Payroll Manager will form an integral part of Payroll in Aldi, leading their team to deliver payroll across the business and becoming part of the Senior Management team in Corporate Administration.
This newly created role will initially be focused on the centralisation of the Payroll function to Head Office, ensuring that processes are standardised. The manager will also be responsible for a small team, which is due to grow over the next 12 months due to the centralisation of payroll.
There will also be a heavy focus on various projects, including, but not limited to, the rollout of SmartTime Logistics, a central HR System and the rollout of digital personnel files.
The successful candidate will have:
• Minimum 2.1 degree or equivalent
• Experience managing a team
• Strong payroll knowledge and experience
• Great people skills
• Experience of project management
• Experience of implementing new systems and processes
• Experience of change management
• Be very strategic
• High level of confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with employees and their date
• Development and management of a team - currently 5 Team Leaders reporting directly into the manager, who in turn will have up to 7 Payroll Assistants reporting into them
• Dealing with all personnel issues within the team including: staff welfare, grievances, disciplinary, staff reviews etc.
• Overseeing payroll processes, ensuring the payroll function is legally compliant and following strict guidelines from internal and external bodies
• Promote awareness of and compliance with processes including spot checks within the department to ensure 100% quality and accuracy
• Managing payroll specific projects within the organisation, liaising with internal stakeholders such as National IT, Regional Directors and Managers etc.
• Provide guidance and training on practices and procedures
• Represent Payroll at meetings with stakeholders and Directors
• Management of the departmental budget and expenditure
• Develop systems and procedures to ensure the effective management of the department, recommending operational efficiencies and internal controls
• Implementation of systems and processes to support the continual expansion of a fast paced payroll department