Anaerobic Digestion Plant Operations Technician
South Shropshire Based
This position provides an opportunity for the candidate to develop, with the assistance of training, the wide variety of skills and disciplines required to operate an anaerobic digestion plant that processes crops to produce renewable energy.
This position will suit a dynamic, progressive and technology curious agricultural graduate or similar who wishes to develop their career in a growing and ever developing business.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Plant Operations Technician is responsible for carrying out and organising the day to day operations and maintenance, including paperwork as required and monitoring of the plant either on site or remotely to interpret and action alarms to solve problems and maintain the smooth operations of the plant. You will at times be required to work independently and be confident in making decisions.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Daily operational and maintenance duties
- Scheduled and unscheduled maintenance
- Daily site checks and monitoring
- Loading the plant feeding system, using a telehandler
- Monitoring feed stocks fed into the plant
- Completing daily, weekly and monthly mobile and fixed plant maintenance
- Problem solving
- Reporting defects
- Following safe systems of work and procedures.
- Completing paper work as required by the Plant management system
- Taking samples as required and advised by the biological support team
- Monitoring and diagnosing problems with the use of the plant operation system
- Keeping the site clean and tidy
- Working with the plant manager to ensure that the site is run efficiently
- Operating the weighbridge
The successful candidate will be expected to attend emergency call outs and work on a rota basis covering weekends and evenings and must demonstrate a positive attitude towards Health and Safety, will ideally have some relevant experience from a related industry and will hold a full driving licence. Telehandler experience would be an advantage, but training will be provided to the correct candidate.
This is a fantastic role for the right person, if that sounds like you then please send your CV to or call on . Working Solutions are acting as an agency on this position and only those candidates able to work in the UK need apply.