We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Development Manager to join our team in Birmingham on a full time, permanent basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary of GBP37,500-GBP42,500 (depending on qualifications and experience).
As our Development Manager you will be under the direction of the Assistant Chief Executive, you will lead the delivery of YMCA Birmingham's capital development strategy to develop an additional 300 homes for young people as well as potential non-housing developments. These developments will generally be on smaller sites (30-70 units), often involving sensitive negotiation with Christian churches and other partners to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
You will deliver a development service to other YMCAs in the Midlands area who wish to use our development expertise to expand their housing provision for young people. Whilst assisting the Director of Housing Services and the Maintenance Manager in developing and executing a coherent and viable plan for long-term physical management of the Association's physical assets.
More details about the Development Manager role:
- Investigate and carry out feasibility and viability analysis of potential capital development sites
- Assist with putting together funding packages for capital development
- With the Assistant Chief Executive, to co-ordinate the team of professional consultants (Project Manager, Architect, QS, M&E Consultant, etc.)
- Develop the design of new capital development projects in line with the Development Strategy at feasibility, planning and tender stages
- Helping to ensure that operational practicalities, routine and long-term maintenance
- Day-to-day management and economic considerations given due attention in all aspects of scheme design
- Oversee construction of new capital developments, working alongside the team of professional consultants and appropriate YMCA staff
- Work with the Project Manager and YMCA Birmingham's Maintenance Manager to draw up a comprehensive list of defects
- Assist Directors and the Maintenance Manager to develop a comprehensive Asset Management Plan to ensure adequate funds are set aside for long-term maintenance of YMCA assets
Key skills and experience of our Development Manager:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to maintain positive working relationships with a wide range of parties
- Excellent numeracy skills, including financial analysis
- Excellent ability to negotiate with sensitivity, respect and understanding with Churches and Christian Charities to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Good IT skills, and in particular a sound understanding of applications such as MS Word and Excel
- The ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team including external consultants and advisors as well as YMCA operational colleagues
- Good understanding of property development, construction and associated building services
- Good understanding of Christian faith and the requirements and priorities of Churches and Christian charities as related to capital development on church sites
- Good understanding of health and safety, particularly as it relates to construction and building maintenance
- Excellent general understanding of the development process, including feasibility/viability, scheme design and project delivery
- Significant experience of working in property development, construction or similar and leading capital development projects
- Educated to degree level in a property development or construction-related subject (such as surveyor, civil/structural engineer, architect, QS, etc.), or with demonstrable equivalent experience
Closing date for applications: 9am 29th April 2019. Interviews to be held the week commencing 13th May 2019.
Application notes: after clicking 'apply', you will be emailed an application pack. CVs will not be considered for shortlisting, you must return the completed application form to complete the application process.
So, what are you waiting for? If you would like to join our team as a Development Manager then please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!