An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Financial Accountant to join a dynamic finance team within a leading wholesaler. Reporting to the Financial Controller, your focus will be driving the effective management of the business's GBP40m overhead base. The financial accountant will work closely with the senior leadership to ensure the resources of the business are most effectively deployed to achieve budgets and the 4-year strategic plan.
The financial accountant will also be responsible for the generation of high quality, accurate and timely reports - this will include monthly overhead reports, weekly KPI reports and monthly P&L's. There will be regular opportunities to be involved in project work, with direct exposure to the Senior Leaders in the business. As a senior member of finance team, the financial accountant will be expected to cover the role of financial controller when necessary.
This is a great opportunity for qualified accountant to join a unique business. The Finance team is an integral and trusted part of the business and we will be looking for a collaborative, positive and energetic individual to join our friendly and supportive team. This is a key role, acting as number 2 to the Financial Controller, with a high level of autonomy.
- Prepare and distribute monthly overhead reports
- Perform monthly overhead reviews with the senior leadership team and department managers.
- At period end, perform rigorous overhead reviews and analysis ensuring any adjustments required are correctly accounted for as advised by CC owners and senior members of the finance team.
- Generate weekly KPI reports, monthly P&L and management account reports.
- Assist with the provision of data to external and internal auditors and possess strong financial controls knowledge, using this to maintain the integrity of the financial information in the accounts.
- Monthly capex reporting, budgeting, forecasting and evaluation.
- Fully qualified Accountant - ACCA or CIMA
- Good technical, database and numeracy skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to promote cost ownership at all levels, including working with operational colleagues.
- Proactive self-starter able to work under own initiative.
- Confident communicator who is happy to challenge the status quo.
- Effective problem solving & creative thinking, with a value-add outlook.
- Comfortable in dealing with a large and varied workload with an eye for detail.
- Design and development of business reporting.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and demystify complex cost models.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & meet tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain and develop working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Whilst we would like to respond to all our on-line applicants, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive.If you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. For alternative opportunities please visit the workwithseven website