Consulting Manager - Digital Advisory
Consulting Manager - Digital Advisory
Government / Public Sector
Location: London, Hemel Hempstead, Birmingham, Reading or Edinburgh with travel required
Sopra Steria is recruiting for Consulting Manager with digital technology transformation experience to join our growing consultancy team within our Government sector. We are a successful, growing team with the freedom to set our own direction and a determination to build sustainable business by putting our clients' success first.
The Consulting Manager will be experienced in working collaboratively with clients to identify digital technologies that can best provide for user needs, by bringing digital experience to lead clients to deliverable outcomes, utilising methods, tools and innovative thinking, whilst at the same time maintaining an agnostic view of the digital landscape.
The consulting manager will have delivered digital technologies, have the ability to influence and shape programmes of work to ensure successful deliver and has the experience to identify and mitigate common pitfalls in digital delivery.
The Consulting manager will be an effective practitioner and coach/advisor and experienced in the use of digital technologies, various delivery methodologies (Agile, service design, DevOps).
The consulting manager must be able to explain complex technologies during workshops, using diagrams, 1-2-1's and in documents to non-technical stakeholders. You must have the ability to work in a cross disciplinary team and be the bridge between the IT departments, suppliers and the rest of project team.
- Bring sector knowledge and understanding of the key business and digital technology issues to help our clients meet their key challenges and opportunities.
- Shape, create and deliver client engagements in that deliver high value outcomes for our clients and high value, sustainable business for Sopra Steria.
- Lead and manage a work-stream, medium scale project or proposal in line with agreed scope, time and financial measure in order to achieve revenue targets and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Identify and develop client relationships including using your own & Sopra Steria's network.
- Develop and contribute to the development of our consulting capability through new approaches and offerings.
- Be seen as a prominent member of the Sopra Steria consulting brand, both by clients and more widely through networks and events.
- Proactively look to secure follow on work with clients in order to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction and additional revenue.
- Manage the delivery of your own and your team's work to ensure we meet required standards and go beyond this to delight our clients.
- A track record of delivering agile digital advisory services and transformation consulting within government or public sector, and other sectors will be considered.
- Delivering value to businesses through digital transformation initiatives.
- Understanding of the products, processes, systems and players in the government sector.
- Strong knowledge of the current issues within the market including digital technology, operational improvement, business retention, product innovation.
- Ability to describe as-is and to-be digital solutions in easy to understand manor.
- Approachable and excellent soft skills.
- Experience of describing and positioning propositions that embrace all domains of the client's operating model including a business processes, organisational change and information technology.
- Experienced in defining Return on Investment and creating compelling business cases.
- Ability to define business operating strategies and solutions, and the benefits these deliver.
- Presentation of business and technical solutions to senior client executives in formal presentations, question and answer sessions and on reference visits.
- Experience of developing service propositions and taking these to market.
- Experience of team building, staff support and development including coaching/mentoring.
The successful candidate will be required to go through a SC Security Clearance.
Sopra Steria, European leader in digital transformation, provides one of the most comprehensive portfolios of end to end service offerings in the market: Consulting, Systems Integration, Software Development and Business Process Services. Sopra Steria is trusted by leading private and public organisations to deliver successful transformation programmes that address their most complex and critical business challenges.
Sopra Steria is committed to establishing and maintaining a working environment which is free from discrimination and which values all employees as individuals. All employees and prospective employees are selected, recruited, trained and promoted solely on the basis of their skills and behaviour.