Civils Agent / Manager
IBP Recruitment are currently looking for a Civils Agent / Manager to work in the Birmingham area.
You will be responsible for carrying out in progress and retrospective site audits, checking and reporting compliance levels for both the company and client. Managing all works, operatives and subcontractors to improve quality and compliance.
This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly expanding Telecoms contractor.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Carry out Joint Site Meetings with client and other relevant stakeholders.
- Management of site staff operatives and sub-contractors.
- Assessment and engagement of sub-contractors.
- Provide method statements, hazard risk assessments and Project Management plans.
- Ability to survey and programme work streams.
- Provide updates on a regular basis to the management team.
- Coordinate and record multiple site meeting with varying authorities.
- Complete material sample audits where required.
- Carry out daily tool box audits and safety audits
- Ability to self-manage and work on own initiative managing daily targets for sample inspections.
- Investigate jobs and assign responsible operatives for commercial reporting.
- Ensure all permit conditions are being met on site.
- Keep accurate daily records of works planned and issues encountered, keep updated dairy
- Report daily to the line manager of outputs, problems, issues.
- Carry out other duties as requested by the line manager.
The ideal candidate for this role should have the following skills & qualifications:
- Experience of managing Civils / Utility contracts preferable telecoms
- Experience with noticing, reinstatement and defects
- Telecoms Experience: 3 years (Preferred)
- Be pro-active in developing new systems to meet the changing needs of the Company.
- Experience and a strong understanding of the SROH.
- IT Skills to liaise with group works control.
- Experience in working with site operatives.
- Experience of demonstrating good communication skills and of prioritising works effectively.
- Experience of demonstrating working to tight timescales effectively.
- Experience of implementing, following and amending procedures for the purpose of service delivery as dictated by the client.
- Ability to understand client's quality requirements.
- Self-motivated with good communication skills and be able to integrate fully into the delivery team.
- Experience of working within a team.
Thank you for applying for this position. Successful applicants will be contacted within 10 working days of submitting their application - if you not hear back within this time, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free to apply for any future roles.
IBP Recruitment Ltd provide services as an Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and contract recruitment and the supply of temporary workers, and we are committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.