DevOps Engineer - Birmingham - Docker - Kubernetes
DevOps Engineer - Birmingham - GBP60,000
My client is an award winning award winning, leading global solutions provider based in the heart of Birmingham city centre. They are looking for a DevOps Engineer who is passionate about technology and willing to learn. You will be offered the opportunity to work on a large-scale cloud-hosted applications used by some of the largest companies in the world.
What you will do
This role reports to the head of DevOps and will be based out of their Birmingham office.The ideal candidate will contribute to maintaining and developing cloud-based infrastructure services as well as making continued service improvements. You will need a strong Linux background and have experience supporting diverse multi-tiered services. You will be expected to grow and learn while putting it into practise.
What the day to day looks like
- You will work as part of a team on a large scale application in use daily by major global companies.
- Planning deployment of the new infrastructure components.
- Monitoring systems
- Working with vendors across technology and infrastructure.
- Running of data synchronisation and the backup plans
What you need
- Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience.
- DevOps experience in a professional environment
- Good understanding of Linux, ideally with Ubuntu and shell scripting skills.
- In depth knowledge of cloud services
- Hands on experience with AWS services such as EC2, ECS, S3, RDS / Aurora, Route 53
- CI/CD ideally with GitLab
- Docker and ECS or Kubernetes.
- Apache or NGINX.
- Infrastructure monitoring experience
- Memcache / Redis
What you will get in return
- A great opportunity to grow with the company
- You will work with bleeding edge technology's in an industry showing exciting growth statistics
- You will work on projects for some of the largest sports brands in the world
- Our hardware products are installed in broadcast head-ends worldwide, and our software components are deployed into millions of set-top boxes and streaming video players worldwide.