Conference and Events Host
Are you passionate about working with people, providing an exceptional customer experience and offering high service standards?
Make Venues is looking for a friendly, helpful and professional Conference Host to join the Food & Beverage team at our 4-Star conference venue and hotel, Woodland Grange in Leamington Spa.
The role will be working either 7am to 3pm, or 7.30am to 3.30pm, Monday to Friday, with occasional weekend work to meet business needs.
Currently working within hospitality, conference and events, the restaurant sector or customer service, you will be looking for a chance to further develop your skills and experience.
Woodland Grange is an award winning, 4 star, residential conference venue. It has state-of-the-art facilities, picturesque grounds and a convenient, central location. The business is growing year on year, providing excellent opportunities for progression.
- To provide guests with an exceptional first and lasting impression
- To offer prompt, courteous and efficient service, ensuring customer satisfaction throughout guests visits
- Supporting guests with requirements, such as assisting with the set-up of AV equipment, updating regarding food service etc.
- Ensuring the lounge and drinks areas are kept tidy and well-stocked
- Check that meeting rooms are set-up as required
- Liaise with colleagues regarding amendments to event schedules or special requests from guests
For this role you will need:
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident, with the ability to make people feel welcome and relaxed
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and other departments
- A positive can-do attitude
- Well presented
- Knowledge of AV equipment would be advantageous.
- Previous experience within Conference or Events is highly desirable
Benefits & additional information:
- Competitive salary
- Progression and development opportunities
- Pension with up to 8% matched contribution
- 26 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays
- Access to the onsite gym facilities
- Healthcare plan
- Discounts on products through our Advantages programme
- Company uniform
- Onsite parking
If you are invited to an interview, you will be required to demonstrate a good understanding of customer service and to provide examples of having delivered customer service to a high standard.