We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Financial Controller to join us in Campus Trading, a division of UBT. UBT is a well-established Global Business Advisory Consultancy based in Warwick providing services to a client base spread across 19 countries in the UK, Europe, North America, Central America and Australia. Campus Trading is a central management of a network of independent superstores, who along with its brands provide 100% of all profits to fund a private education system.
Campus Trading is a global superstore trading organisation with over 60 stores based in the UK. As Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the strategic and operational financial management of Campus Trading and its stores.
- Provision of financial consulting to 23 trading companies, including investment, technical and system implementation advice
- Profitability analysis
- Regional and global central reporting to all stakeholders
- Monitoring of financial performance of all Campus Trading companies
- Drive continuous improvements within finance teams in accounting processes, legislative changes and systems efficiency
- Training and education of voluntary finance teams
- Management of Netsuite accounting system
- Leading on Campus Trading forecasting programme
- Directing the budgeting process for UK region
- Provision of financial figures for marketing and engagement purposes
Displays Integrity: Demonstrates confidence and courage in achieving Campus Trading's mission, philosophy and values.
Leads and Develops Others: Shapes the efforts of others towards the achievement of a common purpose. Creates a climate that inspires team spirit and commitment to achieve high standards of performance.
Influences Effectively: Gains the support of others for courses of action that benefit Campus Trading.
Leads and Manages Change: Develops and implements strategies to transition from current to the future situation. Translates organisational change strategies into specific goals, processes and time frames.
Determines Strategic Direction: Uses understanding of business conditions to develop strategic direction for Campus Trading. Communicates strategies and goals to achieve competitive advantage.
- Proven experience in a similar financial controller role
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Solid organisational skills and attention to detail
- Competitive salary
- Free lunch and fruit every day
- Free secure parking
- Company car/car allowance
- Pension 5% employer contribution
- Private Medical Care
- 22 days holiday per annum