Engineer - Training & Development
Engineering - Training & Development
Circa GBP25k and exceptional benefits
18 month fixed term contract - with further opportunities likely and beyond
Transforming Engineering education - intending to be the first new, radically different University to launch in the UK for 40 years. Changing the way our engineers learn, and bridging the gap between education, practical learning experiences and employment.
Working in teams, within one of our mobile studios, the aim is to inspire a new passion for engineering as a career, creating opportunities for students to participate in exciting and innovative problem-solving projects. Are you the one to inspire careers in engineering?
- Working in one of our Ingenuity Studios, which is a physical space used to house an array of high and low tech equipment
- From the mobile Studio, you will deliver a range of practical workshops and exercises that will engage with and encourage the engineers of the future
- You will support and develop our unique and practical approach to learning, designed by our specialist academic mentors
- With two Studio Facilitators per unit, you will be part of a team providing students at schools and colleges with an experience of engineering through practical exercises
- You will be responsible for the purchase and maintenance of the studio equipment, coordination of resources and facilities
- Lead and conduct risk assessments using templates to ensure those are relevant, signed off and up to date; ensure safe practices are observed at all times, maintaining a healthy, hygienic and safe working and training environment
- Liaise with relevant contractors to ensure the safe delivery of your Studio to each site (within 20-30 miles of the HQ in Hereford)
- An Engineering background/qualification
- Previous experience of support and training either within an employment or educational setting
- Great communication skills including use of social media
- A genuine passion for Engineering and sharing that enthusiasm with others
- Background in education is ideal, but not essential
- Ability to deliver training workshops to small groups and engage with target audience
- UK travel may be required in order to deliver training workshops.
- Confidence in liaising with schools, colleges and other partners to realise the programme
Circa GBP25k basic pay per annum. 18 month fixed contract with genuine possibilities beyond. Pension with company contribution of 6% and matching employee; 6 weeks annual leave, plus statutory holidays and University closure days; Life Assurance 3 x salary and more???.