A brand new role and exceptional opportunity has arisen for a highly capable and hands-on, operational HR professional to join a superb company with excellent prospects at a truly developmental time.
The purpose of the role will be to provide effective HR support, particularly in respect of complex Employee Relations, Reward (pay discussions where applicable), Ongoing Training, Development & Coaching of Line Managers and Resourcing to the Senior management team and colleagues.
To work in true partnership with the Colleague Forum & General Manager to support the continual drive to improve engagement.
- Provide end to end HR consultative support and coaching to management team members to ensure their capability in dealing with all people related matters.
- Provide case management when complex flexible working, absence management, performance management, disciplinary and grievance cases arise and compile all required paperwork including letters summarising the outcome of meetings.
- Support the organisation of the Employee Engagement Survey, facilitation of feedback sessions and assist managers in the delivery of subsequent action plans in partnership with the Forum.
- Provide input and support for policy and procedure development at both group and local level.
- Advise, coach and guide line managers about levels and types of reward, including base and variable pay and incentives.
- Support the GM in local pay negotiations
- Deliver HR training modules and other training and development activities in conjunction with the HR Advisors and the Capability team.
- Manage change management activities as and when they occur (TUPE, Restructure, Redundancy), ensuring effective employee communication and engagement is maintained throughout and following the change process.
- Manage the whole recruitment process (from vacancy design to offer) for a range of roles in the organisation, ensuring that candidates have a positive experience.
- Promote and support capability and succession management activities, coaching managers in the use of appraisal, competency framework and succession planning tools.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the department's internal and external customers / suppliers
- Support in conducting bi-annual audits of the on-site temporary recruitment agency to ensure compliance with company service level agreement (SLA) and legislation.
- Lead any required strategic HR projects.
- Represent the HR department at relevant site meetings where appropriate.
- Review and discuss required actions related to analysis from weekly and monthly management information (MI) with senior site managers, providing insight and assistance to drive improvements across sites.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to A Level (minimum) or equivalent
- CIPD qualified
- Previous experience of working in a busy HR department in an generalist advisory capacity / similar role
- Previous experience of managing change management processes (TUPE / redundancy / restructures etc.)
- Complete understanding of HR processes and procedures
- Up to date, working knowledge of current UK employment law
- Experience of supporting complex HR case management in areas of performance management, absence management, disciplinary and grievance
- Proven experience of working in a confidential environment
- Able to influence at a senior management level (gravitas); understanding how to recognise; manage and engage all stakeholders * Strong planning, organising and time management skills - able to balance priorities with ease especially when under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially via email and telephone
- Ability to process information accurately, quickly and logically
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Customer focus - taking accountability for proactively resolving issues
- Unafraid to challenge practice / process and people to ensure efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Ability to connect and converse with People at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to work both autonomously and with direction
Alongside a competitive salary, the company offers a generous range of benefits and car allowance.
To apply or for further discussion please call Zoe Ellis at Brellis Recruitment asap.