A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Network Engineer to provide 1st and 2nd line support and operational services for a cisco-based LAN and wireless network. You will join a forward thinking and dynamic London-based technology services company that provides managed services and support across the country.
Due to recent expansion, a local Staffordshire client of this company requires a Network Engineer to provide 1st and 2nd line support as well as operational services for predominately Cisco based networking technologies.
Supported by a Central Service Desk the Network Engineer will be responsible for day to day operational activities across LAN and Wireless Technologies as well as occasional 1st line assistance with other technologies such as ASA firewalls and VOIP telephony systems.
- Day to day operational activities across core, edge and wireless Cisco technologies
- 1st and 2nd line support of relevant network related technologies
- Root cause analysis, investigations and performance monitoring
- Ensure services are delivered to quality controls and SLA's
- Ensure security and controls are adhered to and effective for the protection of customers
- Keep up to date on relevant technologies and accreditations in line with an agreed training plan
The role of a Network Engineer will require a demonstrable understanding of Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching, Cisco core and edge switching administration and support and Cisco wireless administration and support.
You will have experience with:
- Network and service monitoring and reporting
- Troubleshooting with root cause analysis
- Documentation, reporting and communication skills
The ideal Network Engineer would also be self-motivated, driven and have a curiosity for future development and progression. Ideally you would have a knowledge of Nexus, Cisco ISE, firewalls, security systems and VOIP telephone or associated hardware. You may also have experience with mobile technologies such as Apple IOS and Android, a knowledge or experience with scripting and automation tools and an experience with PRTG network monitoring.
This role would suit people who also have the following experience: Network Manager, IT Manager, ICT Technician, Networking Technician, IT Infrastructure Engineer.
You would find the role commutable from Stafford, Stone, Uttoxeter, Newcastle, Stoke, Telford or Cannock.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm or 8am - 4pm or 10am - 6pm
Salary: GBP30,000 - GBP35,000 per annum
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.