Technical Services Manager
Becoming a Technical Services Manager with Trustmarque:
Trustmarque have a new role for a Technical Services Manager within their Professional Services Group. The successful candidate for this role will manage a strong team of technical specialists and consultants from our EUC and Business Productivity practices. We are looking for someone who will have a technical appreciation but not necessarily have come from a deep technical background. The Technical Services Manager balances the management of people, technology and process to provide the necessary environment to support successful delivery engagements and delight our customers.
We are looking for a methodical and strategic thinker who can use their people skills, experience and ideas to deliver successful outcomes, whilst working collaboratively with a multi skilled technology team to drive team and group performance.
Our Technical Services team are based throughout the UK, with offices in Solihull, West Midlands and York and we would expect that the Technical Services Manager will spend 2-3 days per week on site with the management team. There may be some travel to other Trustmarque sites and there will also be some flexibility to work from home.
What you will do:
- Ensure standard operating procedures and team guidelines are in place
- Ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across delivery engagements
- Able to guide the team through the delivery stages and review the completed work effectively
- Provide direction and guidance in approach to design, delivery and implementation
- Able to make quick decisions and solve problems to provide an efficient environment for project execution and implementation
- Identify resource requirements and provide efficient capacity planning, for effective staff management
- Must provide team leadership when required and serve as a mentor to team members
- Identify and build virtual project teams and working groups to meet customer needs
- Task allocation and performance evaluation of team members
- Manage planning, budgeting and reporting activities and make presentations on team status and present regular reports to senior management
Your experience will include:
- Strategic thinking - evaluate the wider environment, offering insights to influence change at tactical, team and individual level, making informed strategic decisions on behalf of the practice. Develop a prioritised plan to deliver the needs of the business, supporting the strategy, and then deliver this to plan.
- Market and environment - apply understanding of the business and market drivers to tailor resource and skills in line with external factors. Identify customer and competitor strengths and weaknesses to influence decisions.
- Process management - set-up processes to deliver successful outcomes, using measures to assess effectiveness. Identify opportunities to optimise ways of working and influence others to make improvements. Ensure a logical and systematic approach is applied to process change.
- Business relationships - work with stakeholders to develop and drive efficiency improvements and opportunities for business growth. Understands what we are trying to create and or fix, building solutions and a plan based at the root cause. Provides guidance on procedures to successfully run processes, SLAs, change controls, and then manage reporting processes against these (incl. reviewing change controls).
- Technology Focused - An understanding of technology, with the ability to understand solutions being presented whilst managing a team technologists
Trustmarque is part of our IT Services business and is an award-winning IT reseller and service integrator with global technology partnerships that guarantee the best possible value for our customers. We simplify business, through a flexible and cost-effective approach that empowers organisations and their people. Giving honest, simple and independent advice we help our customers to navigate an increasingly complex world of IT - and that's exactly what you'll do too, if you join our talented team here
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday (rising to 27), Company car or car allowance, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts
Follow Capita on
Follow Capita on
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.