IT Core Network Manager
Role: IT Core Network Manager
Salary: £60,000 - £75,000 DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Core Network Manager to join a leading organisation based in Solihull.
The successful candidate will be the ‘go to person’ and authority within the business to take complete responsibility for all network and infrastructure development, design, implementation, capacity management and change control planning and decisions.
Responsibilities: IT Core Network Manager
- Own and manage the ultimate plan, tactics and strategic direction of the network and infrastructure platform to ensure it meets the business objectives and overall vision of CaaS.
- Support, guide and mentor the small team of senior engineers and direct reports to ensure there is a ‘high performance team’ and succession.
- Work alongside the senior management team to identify commercial innovation through
- the Design and deployment of technology to improve the customer experience and product and service value
- Own and manage the budget, including cap-ex and op-ex, of the network and infrastructure platform.
- Work alongside the ‘NOC & Engineering Manager” & ‘Director of Technology’ and consistently explore product, service and Hardware R&D and bring your learnings into the business so we can continuously improve and stay ahead of the Market and our competitors
- Drive robust and industry leading compliance and governance across our Network and
infrastructure and ensure we are securely protecting our customers and employees in their digital connectivity requirements.
Skills and experience:
- At least 10 years’ experience working in a Service Provider environment supporting Cisco core network and providing technical support to end customer solutions
- Experience of creating and delivering network designs and customer solutions based on a set of requirements
- Able to create Low level/high level network designs
- Able to manage and prioritise team work streams and deliver to tight deadlines
- Experience of working with Telecoms providers such as BT, Colt, Virgin-Media, and Vodafone
- Pre-Sales experience would be advantageous
- Holds a valid CCIE qualification for at least 10 years
- Additional qualifications such as CCSP, CCDP, JNCIA, JNCIP, JNCIE etc. would be beneficial
- Experience working with Cisco Voice platforms and SIP trunking advantageous
- FortiGate or Cisco ASA Firewall experience would be advantageous
If you are an experienced IT Core Network Manager looking for an exciting new challenge in your career, then please send your latest CV to or call Jenny Collin on