CNC Lathe Programmer Setter Operator
HARWELL ENGINEERING LTD
Established over 30 years
29-35 Cyprus Street, Oldbury, West Midlands B69 4XD
Telephone: 0121-544 3322
CNC Lathe Programmer, Setter and Operator (Fanuc controls) - online & offline programming.
Due to retirement we have a vacancy at our engineering facility in Oldbury.
Harwell Engineering is a precision engineering company specialising in machining batch castings and the manufacture of precision tools, components and parts for jigs & fixtures.
Areas of Responsibility
- Create programs for CNC machines for new and existing jobs as needed.
- Set and operate production CNC machine(s).
- Lead and assist all machine setters and operators where needed.
- Analyse all sketches and drawings when asked.
- Design basic jigs and fixtures if needed. Identify and resolve any errors and assist in problem solving.
- Analyse and select all cutting tools and cutting speeds for CNC programs.
- Monitor CNC programs and ensure accuracy.
- Prepare and verify set up documents for new jobs.
- Assist in ensuring all tooling is properly stored and accounted for.
- Assist in ensuring all drawings, programs and job information is stored correctly.
- Dimensionally check parts using the Co-ordinate Measuring Machine as required (training to be given when needed).
- Ensure the quality and quantity of output required on a job is as per company standards specified.
- Act in compliance with the company Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in all areas of production as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- Extensive CNC machine on-line programming, setting and operating experience is essential.
- Proven track record of leading a small team of 3+ setters and operators.
- Ability to take a job from a drawing to completion right first time.
Attractive Hourly rate depending on experience.
Future Prospects within the company.
Due to further expansion the Company also has a requirement for engineers, experienced quality control inspectors, CAD/CAM designers, general setters/ operators and fitters please forward your CV for consideration.
Applications should be submitted by post, in person or via email to Harwell Engineering email@example.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We appreciate skills learnt through time-served and actively encourage retired or semi-retired candidates to apply with the potential for flexible working or part time hours to suit the right candidates