GBP48,000 - GBP58,000 + latest training + Pension + Flexi work + Overseas travel + Healthcare
Do you have 'hands on' simulator experience and looking to join a world leading engineering company offering 3 months training in Canada and the opportunity to be valued as the onsite technical expert?
Perfect opportunity for a simulator expert who is looking for a new challenge on multiple systems for a business that will ensure you a technically developed to becoming the best in industry!
Established over 70 years ago, our client is an international manufacturing, training, and simulation expert that works across the Defence, Medical, oil and gas industries. Renowned for offering full turnkey training solutions, this is large organisation with smaller business values and has a reputation for staff retention, work life balance, continuous training and career progression opportunities???. Perfect for someone looking for a long term career move!
You will be responsible for building complex flight and land simulators used by customers in mission critical operations. Working at customers site, you will have full technical ownership including; updating computers, avionics systems, visual and various other systems on simulators, Hands on interaction with multiple software and hardware platforms, Hardware setup and integration, Software scripting, debugging and integration. Occasional travel is expected between 2 other sites in the midlands (up to 100 days within the UK per year).
This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to for a technically diverse role with a business offering a long term stable position where you will be the classified as the onsite specialist.
* Updating, fixing, fault-finding computers, avionic systems, visual and other systems on simulators.
* Hands on interaction with multiple software and hardware platforms.
* Hardware / Software setup and integration.
* Software scripting, debugging and integration.
* Schedule and coordinate hardware and software integration tasks with other groups.
* up to 3 months for initial training in Montreal, Canada.
* Mainly based in Shrewsbury but covering 2 other sites.
The person must have/be;
* Experience on simulators
* Experience in C/C++ development
* Some basic scripting experience
* Able to do some UK travel (Up to 100 days a year)
* Able to do initial 3 months training in Canada
If you are interested in applying for the role, please click apply.