IT Field Engineer
This is a great opportunity for an experienced IT Field Engineer join a national, well-established Financial Advisory firm who focus on providing a high-quality financial planning and investment management service.
The IT Field Engineer is responsible for a wide range of 2nd and 3rd line support and development activity relating to IT and telephony, including day to day operational activity (such as support of users, infrastructure and systems) as well as technical and business change projects. The role will be required to liaise and co-operate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure support requests are fulfilled to the agreed SLA. The role holder will work in conjunction with the IT Field Manager to carry out new business activations processes and procedure from an IT perspective. They will also be required to adhere to ITIL framework within all operational activities to maintain our high-level security standards. This role demands a high level of technical aptitude and a willing attitude to learn and embrace new technologies.
What’s needed to be considered?
- Knowledge of IT infrastructures
- Knowledge of IT at least two of the following technologies: MS Server 2008/2012, Win 7/8/10, MS SCCM, Office 365, AD, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, and Citrix.The Ability to
- Knowledge of the configuration, setup and management of network devices, including routers, switchers and Wi-Fi devices.
- Knowledge of IP based door access systems and/or telephony equipment such as PBX
- A clear understanding of the OSI model.
- Experience of providing 2nd line IT support.
- Experience of working in an operational IT environment, providing face to face support to users and also supporting core IT infrastructure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage a varied workload, meeting deadlines through effective time management.
- To be committed to IT and communications as an enabler for organisations to achieve their operational objectives and the ability to demonstrate how this can be achieved in practice.
- Ability to form effective working relationships and communicate technical issues to both technical and non-technical colleagues through both formal and informal media, including formal reports,
- A full driving license and access to a vehicle to use for business travel
- An interest in how the innovative application of technology can benefit the organisation.
Apply today to be considered for this opportunity. If suitable, one of our specialist consultants will be in contact to discuss the opportunity with you in detail prior to submitting your CV to the client. In this discussion we will aim to identify your specific skills and motivations, and where appropriate recommend other relevant opportunities to you that match your requirements.
Additionally, refer a friend or colleague to us and receive £200 when we assist them in securing a new career.
Synonyms: IT Support | IT Engineer | Infrastructure | 2nd Line Support