Maintenance Technician - Tooling
Maintenance Technician - Tooling - Derby
The company is an established global brand found in many homes and commercial properties in the UK. They have a manufacturing facility based in Derbyshire and are now looking to expand their engineering team with the addition of a Maintenance Technician - Tooling for their fast paced and state of the art manufacturing facility.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
The main purpose of this role is to maintain all in-house tooling and make sure that all tools are fit for purpose and safe. Key duties will include the following:
* Carry out all tooling breakdowns in a timely manner, tool splitting, disassembly, reassembly and regrinding of tools. Keep up to date spares inventory.
* Tool improvement, working from engineering drawings and liaising with tooling manufacturers when required.
* Effectively identify day to day tooling issues and implement corrective action where required and ensuring all tooling is safe and production ready at the time returned for production use, following correct preventative maintenance (PM) process.
* Follow up repair work by seeking feedback from the production and quality departments and completing a record of the work undertaken.
WHAT YOU BRING ALONG
* Time served apprentice in relevant discipline, excellent hand tool skills (hand tools will be supplied), ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
* Competent in working with Tool Room equipment including overhead cranes. (Must have licence/ certificates and relevant training ) Competent in Inspection equipment (micrometer, height indicator, etc).
* Competent in using milling machine, lathe, surface grinder, bench grinder, etc.
* Ability to follow and execute the preventative maintenance program, strong communication skills at all levels within the business.
* Able to manage and prioritise numerous tasks and experience in a manufacturing environment.
In return the company can offer an excellent salary and a benefits package second to none including a phenomenal industry leading pension scheme, additional weekly Skills payment, overtime, bonus, free on-site parking, subsidised health care scheme, subsidised canteen and the opportunity to join a global brand that is committed to staff development - they are Gold standard Investors in People
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.