Category Manager - Steel
SF Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Category Manager with Steel for a business based in Walsall.
Job Purpose: Responsible for developing and delivering a global category strategy for agreed categories of equipment spend. This will be delivered through the use of best-in-class approaches, working with our country staff and vendors.
- Develop integrated (tactical and strategic) category sourcing strategy which delivers short term savings and drives category transformation through time.
- Responsible for on-going category management (strategy management) activities including driving supplier performance, demand management savings, and increasing category compliance.
- Monitor strategy implementation and contract compliance
- Champion and secure efficiency and cost benefits for the category across our regions
- Development and manage RFI and RFP processes as required to supply category strategies
- Develop an expertise in the global procurement spend categories building material and product knowledge on a continual basis
- Provide assistance to acquisition strategies by completing due diligence and integration activities for spend
- To maximise the use of supply contracts that have been let by actively marketing them within the wider business.
- Ensure all sourcing and contract management activity is undertaken in accordance with purchasing governance and relevant legislation.
- To provide accurate and timely management information as required by stakeholders and the Head of Procurement.
- To challenge demand forecasting and ensure buying decisions are influenced by current stock holding
- To assist supplier relationship managers in their relationship with key vendors.