Proactive Personnel ltd are currently recruiting for a purchasing assistant for our client based in Redditch.
You will be responsible for assisting in the ordering of materials and supplies and liaising with suppliers on shipment and delivery of orders.
This is an involved role and will suit a dynamic, ambitious candidate who has a background in purchasing.
Duties will include:
- Processing purchase requisitions
- Prioritising workload
- Selecting suppliers based on cost and efficiency
- Place orders and arrange service contracts with providers.
- Maintain a large database of suppliers and products
- Liaise with purchase ledger
- Deal with necessary account queries
- Inspect products received for correct quality and quantity.
Previous experience in a purchasing environment would be ideal for this role.
You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Be able to negotiate efficiently.
Be able to work to tight deadlines.
An immediate start
Pay rate is dependent on experience
This is a temporary to permanent position.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85742940