Application Programming Interface Designer
What to expect:
The Digital Platform will be at the heart of the Mobility services offering and will bring together our users, vehicles and an exciting range of partners, ranging from Smart Cities to innovative start-ups. You will work at the heart of making our ACES strategy (Autonomous - Connected - Electrified - Shared) a reality.
We are looking for an API Designer to take a leading role in the usage and maintenance of API design guidelines, ensuring the design and implementation of reusable APIs. You'll be responsible for shaping the technology strategy, ensuring best-practice design standards and adopting the correct technologies and designs to create class-leading connected car services.
- Govern the API designs within the platform so it is in line with the roadmap, meets agreed quality and security standards.
- Motivate usage and maintenance of API design guidelines.
- Support on integration of 3rd party APIs with the digital platform
- Design and implementation of new technology and concepts followed by leading the rollout to the wider development community.
- Collaborate with platform and Solution Architects across the business to ensure appropriate use of technology in solutions.
What you'll need
Experience with an AWS or Google Cloud Platform is essential as is a strong background in RESTful API design with experience with RSI/viwi being a plus. You may have knowledge and experience in NodeJS and HTML5 development.
You should have experience of cloud, cloud native and serverless applications with Android or iOS experience beneficial. We are looking for someone with a strong background in Software Architecture with responsibility for delivering large scale solutions with a strong understanding of non-functional design principles. We are looking for someone with good reasoning skills who can solve concrete, abstract and conceptual problems with experience applying both qualitative and quantitative analysis to decision making.
So why us?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes us the perfect place to continue your journey.
- Flexible Working arrangements
- Bonus (Individual Performance Payment)
- Yearly pay review
- Pension: Contribution by employee 4% - Company 8%, Contribution by employee 5% - Company 9% or Contribution by employee 6% - Company 10%
- Privilege Discount Scheme - up to 20% discount on our vehicles for employee and family -discounts on Ford also - amount varies by model
- 26 days holiday + 8 days statutory
- Occupational Health services
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Discount offers for family and leisure activities
We are committed to Equal Opportunities for all.