Fuel Logistics Operator
Greenergy supplies road fuel to customers in the UK and Canada. We operate globally with offices in Canada, the USA, Brazil and Dubai and source fuels from around the world. We are looking to recruit Fuel Logistics Operator to join our busy team based in Tamworth.
You will be working either Monday to Friday covering the hours between 06:00 to 20:00 OR a shift pattern of 4 on-4 off covering 06:00-20:00 (TBC)
Purpose of role:
To be part of the Fuel Logistics team to ensure the highest standards of deliveries are met for all of our customers, ensuring that all scheduled deliveries are completed in line with our customers' expectations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver the schedule, utilise resources efficiently and fulfil customer expectations.
- To establish and develop good working relationships with all stakeholders, including Customers, Drivers, Transport Managers, Customer Care and third party contractors.
- To ensure customer service is maximised and issues are dealt with to maintain high service levels - communicating direct with customers as necessary.
- To manage all driver operational / delivery queries in a timely and professional manner. Re-routing, scheduling and arranging deliveries accordingly.
- Ordering of all fuel for loading through required systems.
- Provide support to Transport Managers to ensure sufficient vehicles are available and maintain strong working relations with all maintenance providers to minimise vehicle down time.
- To monitor haulier performance closely to ensure deliveries are made in line with agreements and escalate when necessary.
- Ensuring all necessary information is fed back to the colleagues with in efficiently.
- Provide support to all customers.
- Assist with event investigation and closeout for issues.
- Crisis management - work closely with drivers and customers to minimise the impact to Greenergy business in the event of crossovers and spills.
- Proven ability of working in an order and dispatch environment that is customer service focused, together with experience of vehicle scheduling.
- Prepared to take the lead and ownership of shift operations
- Be able to prioritise, work well under pressure and communicate effectively
- Strong sense of Customer focus
- Strong UK geographical knowledge
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Knowledge of the WTD
- Must be IT literate to an intermediate standard (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Team player
- Adaptable to new systems and processes
- Attention to detail and application of prevailing business processes
People are key to our continuing success; we work hard to reward, develop and retain staff. We offer a competitive salary, career progression opportunities, along with a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day after 5 years' service for every full year up to a maximum of 30 days plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Company Pension
- Life Insurance cover of 4 times basic salary
- Eye Care Vouchers, Flu Jabs
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Access to a discount site for things like eating out, health and leisure etc.
- You will also have access to the 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme.
- Excellent staff facilities.
To apply for this role please submit a current CV along with a cover letter highlighting how you meet the competencies for the role and detailing your previous experience.
Your cover letter along with your CV will be used to assess your application, therefore applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we regret to advise you that we are unable to respond to Candidates who are not short listed for this role.
Strictly No Agencies.