Commercial Director - Residential Housing
Commercial Director - Residential Housing - Birmingham -Upto GBP120K + Car/Allowances and Other Company Benefits
Barker Ross are working on behalf of a Midlands based luxury house builder with a great reputation. The client is looking for a Commercial Director. The successful Commercial Director will take commercial lead within the company and ensure that projects are delivered within budget and to the highest quality, along with recruitment of their team and growth of the current developments. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Commercial Manager to take the step into Directorship.
The company specialise in working with housing associations and local authorities to create new affordable homes which people aspire to live in. As developers in their own right, they are able to source land opportunities for clients and create fair and innovative joint ventures to mitigate risk and maximise return for all parties.
- Must have residential experience however ideal candidate will have residential contractor experience
- A relevant degree
- a strong working background
- Experience of developing staff and an understanding of the current house building division.
- Full commercial management of all residential developments across the Midlands.
- Calculate all prime costs.
- Assist with finalising, agreeing, managing housing association contracts.
- Negotiate and place orders with labour and material subcontractors on a competitive tender basis.
- Carry out full CVR process and prepare and present for P&L meetings.
- Provide a detailed cost budget and share with the Site Manager.
- Monitor the performance of suppliers and subcontractors.
- Review CVR's with QS's and ensure that the cost analysis for sites are correct.
- Reflect latest estimates of incurred and forecast expenditure.
- Scheduling and quantifying materials and labour.
- Complete the apportionment of total prime costs to individual plots and produce a profit analysis.
- Responsible for subcontractor payments, variation orders and day works.
- Report on savings and excesses against budget costs to the Director. - Ensure adequate resources are on site to commence build in line with development programmes.
- Strong knowledge of all buying and quantity surveying activities.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management or a qualification of a similar discipline is preferred, MRICS is desirable.
- Good knowledge of building regulations, NHBC and health and safety requirements.
- Proven experience in the procurement and purchase of materials and sub contract labour.
- Ideally you will have experience working for a main contractor or a leading residential developer.
What to do next...
If you are interested in this role please contact Mark Boyes at Barker Ross on or email your CV to .
We manage roles across the construction sector, I specifically specialise in white collar construction recruitment including roles such as site manager, Contracts managers, project managers and site engineers and we are keen to speak to good candidates for permanent and temporary recruitment.
If this is not the ideal role for you but you are interested in roles of this type please do not hesitate to give me a call or email your CV to me
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our Privacy Notice.