Occupational Health Advisor
Occupational Health Advisor - Part time (15 hours - flexible working hours available)
Come and grow with us at Agrial Fresh Produce as the team are looking for an Occupational Health Advisor to support our site in Lichfield and remote support to our site in Colchester.
The role sits within the HR function and aims to provide a robust employee welfare strategy to a diverse food manufacturing site. Agrial are proud of the way in which they support their team members and the OHA position plays a key role in making the workplace an "enjoyable place to work". The role emphasis is placed on providing preventative Occupational Health services as well as expert advice and support to managers and staff on a wide range of Occupational Health services, including; absence management, rehabilitation, redeployment, and health education.
Agrial Fresh Produce is a farmer owned consumer driven prepared salad and vegetable company. We are part of the French co-operative Agrial; who since 1999 have been working hard to gain success in the UK and are now one of the UK's leading producers and distributors of pre-packed ready to eat salads and vegetables. We are most recognisable to consumers by our Florette brand. Through acquisitions, Agrial have grown to 5 UK sites and have ambitious future growth plans.
In this OHA role your responsibilities will include:
- Plan and deliver statutory health surveillance programme relevant to specific requirements.
- Analyse, plan and demonstrate a strong commitment to statutory and non-statutory health monitoring of 'at risk' groups of employees.
- Review pre-employment health information and support management in assessing specific requirements of individuals' fitness for role.
- Provide advice and support to employees on health-related matters and, if necessary, refer to external health professionals and services.
- Support established attendance management procedures.
- Be at the forefront in driving our well being agenda.
- Work with key stakeholders regarding MSK agenda.
- Monitor sickness absence trends to identify and implement effective return to work and continued working.
- Assist the HR team with specific employee health assessments in relation to the Equality Act and other legislation.
- Ensure suitable first aid supplies are maintained in conjunction with the H&S Manager.
- Support, coach and inspire our trained first aiders to ensure the right skills are throughout the site.
- Undertake home visits to staff that are on long term sickness absence where required, accompanied by a HR representative.
- Effectively manage medical records in line with relevant legislation and strict confidentiality.
- Provide proactive health education and awareness to all employees.
- Maintain accurate records and generate reports relating to health screening activities.
OHA key skills and experience:
- You must have excellent organisation skills and be able to listen, question, counsel and communicate effectively at all levels. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and maintain good working relationships within policy and professional guidelines.
- Hold a recognised Nursing and Occupational Health specialist qualification (minimum Diploma in Occupational Health).
- Ideally have previous experience in a Food manufacturing / FMCG environment.
- Have the ability to demonstrate a balance of strong business acumen with a friendly, caring approach.
- Awareness and understanding of H&S legislation.
- Good IT / administration skills.
- Approachable and willingness to go into the factory environment to build relationships.
- Due to the nature of the role, you will need to be flexible and available to work evening and night shifts on occasion.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join the Agrial Fresh Produce team and you have the skills required then please apply today by submitting your CV.