Group Account Director (Chapter Head)
(Responsible to agency Directors)
We're Chapter - an award-winning, sharper and better creative, brand and advertising agency, part of the Mission Marketing Group of agencies. Although we're part of something big, we're a small, close-knit agency where there are constant opportunities to really make your mark We work in small supportive teams (working directly with the creative team) and so everyone has a really important role to play.
The role in a nutshell:
Due to a recent internal promotion, we're currently recruiting a pivotal role for the agency - a Chapter Head. This is similar to a Group Account Director but with additional management responsibilities. You'll be a team leader and motivator, externally responsible for strategic direction across all major accounts within the Chapter and the escalation point for any client issues. In addition, you'll internally take on overall accountability for revenue, profitability and quality of work produced.
The role spelt out:
- Form strong, trusted and very close client relationships at all levels; particularly the most senior
- Be seen as the go-to Chapter person on the serious stuff (for example a new opportunity, an issue or personal support/advice)
- Prompt and support regular client reviews; use the findings
- Form very close relationships with the two lead creatives in the team and keep very close
- Create a powerful and close-knit team spirit within the Chapter, instill a belief that 'together we can do amazing things'
- Lead by example and provide on-the-job coaching to the client servicing team within the Chapter Team
- Lead strategic thought within the Chapter, drawing on your experience to support brief development
- Keep close to sector developments and consumer insight to support thinking
- Provide support to the senior creative team to help to develop their thinking and ideas
- Accountable for the delivery of revenue targets within the Chapter
- Regular review and analysis of account profitability
- Regular reporting of actual and potential revenue within the client base and potential new relationships
- Engender a strong entrepreneurial spirit within the Chapter
- Encourage the team to support the finding of revenue opportunities both with existing client relationships and within each individual's network
- Drive efficient ways of working within the team and provide clarity around the thinking and reasoning behind key commercial decisions
- You'll be an excellent communicator and presenter
- Strategically minded and experienced team or department manager
- Well versed in all aspects of marketing communications with the ability to confidently advise clients on strategic solutions to their business challenges.
- Must be a passionate force within the agency with an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously drive the Chapter.
And in return???..
We aim to offer the best package, the best work/life balance and the best team environment. Some of the rewards for working hard at Chapter include:
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays!)
- An extra day's holiday for every year worked - up to an additional 5 days
- Get the day off on your birthday
- Everyone gets an extra day off to add to one bank holiday
- So everyone gets up to 40 days holiday
- After 5 years everyone who works with Chapter can apply for a six-week sabbatical. Which means you'll have the chance to go and do something you've always wanted to do. Remember, we're all about removing the barriers and obstacles.