Customer Service Advisor
Customer Service Advisor
We are currently looking for experienced and professional Contact Centre / Customer Service Advisors to join our client, Stoke on Trent City Council, in particular we are looking for experienced professionals who have over 6 months experience within a telephone-based customer service environment.
If you have experience of working in a Contact Centre, Call Centre, Switchboard or Helpdesk environment, please apply today!
Please note, shift work will be involved as follows:
Monday to Friday - 08:00-16:00,09:00-17:00, 10:00-18:00, 12:00-20:00.
- Respond to customer enquiries (some of which may be upsetting) received through multiple access channels including, telephony, e-mail, web chat and social media
- To act as an ambassador for services, listening carefully, speaking positively and ensuring the customer receives an efficient, friendly, courteous and helpful experience
- To handle complaints and difficult or aggressive customers in a calm and professional manner, ensuring a customer focussed service, demonstrating initiative, diplomacy and resilience in a demanding environment
- Undertake duties whilst dealing with interruptions, queries and conflicting demands arising from customer queries and requests, ensuring Service Level Agreements or grade of service targets are met
- Promote, support and encourage customer independence through the use of self-service channels e.g. via the internet
- Undertake general financial administration e.g. processing requests for service and taking payments
- Assess and process applications in line with guidelines, before making an informed decision on eligibility and advising the customer
- To work closely with key stakeholders and Managers to deliver service improvements and deliver efficiencies throughout Customer Services
- 6 months experience within a customer service role (Contact Centre, Call Centre, Switchboard or Helpdesk)
- Experience using MS Office software
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Good eye for detail and organisational skills
- Experience of Council tax is needed.
- Knowledge of how to utilise office equipment such as a PC and printers etc
Local authorities are committed to supporting their employees throughout their employment. If you are successful, you'll be joining a great team and be part of a high performing local authority who are passionate about ensuring you receive the right support to help you achieve your full potential.
This would be an excellent opportunity for somebody who is interested in a customer service career within the public sector, as you will gain invaluable experience and also have access to internal vacancies.
So, if you are interested in this exciting customer service opportunity within the public sector, apply now, or feel free to contact me directly!