Bright Horizons Nurseries, voted Great Place to Work for the last 13 consecutive years, are currently recruiting for a Play scheme worker , to join our team in Kenilworth.
This role is for 4 hours per day 2pm - 6pm to support our Priorsfield afterschool club. You will be required to look after children from the ages of 4-11 years old , liaising with the school to coordinate pick up and drop off to the school site.
To be successful in this role, you must;
- Have a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special.
- Be able to laugh at jokes you don't understand.
- If a child requests that you be a captain of a pirate ship, you will be the best pirate captain you can be!
- Have a willingness to sing. The ability to sing in tune is not necessary, however the ability to sing out of tune in front of a crowd is essential. As is dancing to all types of music!
- Be able to distribute warm hugs as required.
- Possess the skills required to rapidly count the heads of numerous moving small people is of the utmost importance.
- Be able to realistically drink numerous cups of pretend tea.
- Have the ability to read a ten page fairy tale, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page.
- Be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace. Laughter is something you can expect to engage in for a large part of your working day.
- Finally, you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families. There is simply no other job quite like this one.
In turn for looking after the children within our care, we will look after you.
Bright Horizons are passionate about:
- Helping you develop your career. Whether this be through our credited level 2 and 3 courses or out Outstanding Room Leader and Nursery Manager Programmes.
- Internal Promotion. With over 900 of our colleagues being promoted in 2018 alone.
- Providing you with flexibility and the hours that suit you and work around your lifestyle
- Providing a fun, inspirational, loving environment for you to thrive in
- Ensuring we are competitive within the market
- Giving back to the community. Though our own registered Charity the Bright Horizons Foundation is something we all have a place for in our hearts, Find out more at
If you think you are up to the challenge and that we have, get in touch today!
You may have experience of the following: Childcare Practitioner, Early Years Practitioner, Play worker, Nursery Practitioner, Nursery Teacher, or Early Years Educator.
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are 'spent' under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.