NRG are looking for Meter Readers based in Derby and the surrounding areas. This is a fantastic role for someone who loves the outdoors and is self motivated to work independently.
The role of a Meter Reader is to visit customers in their homes to read their gas and electricity meters using hand held computers, and other equipment. Some supporting administrative work is also required. There is a great deal of flexibility with this role, as a Meter Reader you will plan your own route, manage your schedule and workload to achieve the targets set for the week by head office.
- As this is a customer facing role you must be approachable, presentable and with a courteous demeanour
- You will be expected to use your judgement on an appropriate time to call. ensuring your own and customer's safety at all times
- As you will work alone you will be required to plan and manage your own time and workload.
- You will be expected to use your initiative and report any dangerous meter installations or suspected signs of tampering.
What will you need
- Your own vehicle with business insurance (mileage will be paid)
- No unspent criminal conviction
- A desire to work outdoors
- You will be walking from property to property so a good understanding on the local area will be advantageous.
- Friendly and professional approach to work
- The drive and motivation to work in a lone working role
- Access to a land-line
- Live in the DE postcode area.
Full training is provided so experience is not necessary but you MUST have Your own vehicle with business insurance.
Pay Rate: £8.06
Hours: 37hrs a week on a flexible basis between hours of 8am - 8pm (mon-sat)