Warehouse Operations Manager
- To manage and report full P&L delivery for the site on a monthly basis (in line with set budgets)
- To report monthly performance in line with key financial dates including (sales by client, staff spend, packaging spend, haulage spend, other)
- To manage the operational output of the site on a daily basis
- Day to day line management responsibility for the key direct reports both with the client services team and the operational warehouse team
- To drive and ensure delivery of agreed savings targets, ensuring that performance against agreed levels are continually measured, delivered and reported in an accurate and timely way
- Responsibility for review and timely negotiation on key contracts specific to the logistics operation (temp, forklifts, couriers, etc..)
- To ensure the site is operating to maximum efficiency
- Strictly adhere to current procedures and identify where improvements to process can be made to benefit the site in general
- To ensure that all agreed service levels are being measured, delivered and reported in an accurate and timely way
- Senior escalation level for all issues relating to logistics/warehousing and fulfilment activities
- To be the main client facing lead for existing clients using logistics services
- Results driven, self starter with ability to self-manage and motivate others
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant management experience in production, warehousing, logistics field
- Proven track record of Project Management activities and ideally backed by a formal PM qualification
- IT literate - in-depth knowledge and understanding of the application of integrated ERP systems and Warehouse Management systems
- Knowledge and deployment of LEAN manufacturing principles (6 Sigma or similar)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively performance manage international suppliers
- Experience of managing the varied standards and requirements of a global customer base
- Team player with proven experience and ability to manage people and processes.
- Demonstrated coaching and training skills and people management experience.
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving and technical skills.
- Demonstrated experience of working collaboratively with adjacent departments
- Ability to influence and motivate others working successfully in a "small team" environment
- Confidence, particularly in front of suppliers and customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, competent reporting skills
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ethos
- Retail, FMCG or E-Commerce experience an advantage
My client are a leading retail distribution business based in Birmingham who have experienced year on year growth. They have decided that in order to drive the business forwards and continue this level of growth they need a Warehouse Operations Manager to lead the logistics operations and implement a culture of best practice.
£50,000 - £60,000 + benefits