Counselling Service Co-ordinator
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part-time Counselling Service Co-ordinator to join a multi service charity based in Coventry. In return, we offer a competitive salary of £24,601 p.a. pro-rata (£12,300 p.a.) and a contributory pension scheme. This post is on a fixed term contract for 12 months with potential for extension.
What we do:
The charity has a fully trained staff team providing Supported Accommodation and Floating Support to young parents and victims of domestic abuse. There is also a Children's Nursery that provides full day care for pre-school children, together with a Youth Service and a Community Wellbeing Service.
The Counselling Service Co-ordinator will lead and co-ordinate the Valley House Counselling Service ensuring it provides a high quality, professional and successful service for Valley House service users. You will also ensure effective relationships and placement opportunities for local universities.
The key tasks and responsibilities are to develop the service by reviewing appropriate policies and procedures, ensuring the service meets the needs of service users, Valley House and relevant regulatory bodies. To create and review on an ongoing basis all supporting documentation to ensure it is fit for purpose. To act as the main contact with current and potential placement universities. To lead on the recruitment and induction of volunteer/placement counsellors. To provide line management support for volunteer/placement counsellors. To create and deliver workshops for volunteer/placement counsellors. To review all service user referrals for counselling. To undertake all counselling assessments and allocate an appropriate counsellor. To have overall responsibility for risk assessments and safeguarding. To liaise with clinical supervisors on a regular basis. To provide quarterly reports as required by Valley House.
The successful candidate will have:
- Level 5 diploma, foundation degree or equivalent in counselling or psychotherapy.
- Membership of a professional body, preferably BACP, UKPC or BCP.
- Experience of working in an organisational setting.
- Experience of recruiting and managing volunteers.
- Experience of effective partnership working with other organisations.
- Knowledge of the range of issues faced by Valley House service users.
- Understanding and passion for the work of Valley House.
- Approachable manner with a high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Good case recording and monitoring skills with the ability to interpret data and produce reports.
- Good organisational, project management and IT skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to carry out assessments with vulnerable service users who have a range of needs.
- Ability to maintain clear boundaries.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
This post requires a satisfactory DBS check.
The hours of work are 20 per week.
The closing date is 12 noon on Monday 1 April 2019 and interviews will be held on Thursday 4 April 2019.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85710162