Contract Manager - Walsall
£30,000 per annum
You will be based at our Walsall Manor Hospital location. Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust is the only provider of NHS acute care in Walsall, providing inpatients and outpatients at the Manor Hospital as well as a wide range of services in the community. Walsall Manor Hospital houses the full range of district general hospital services under one roof.
APCOA Parking provide onsite security and parking services on behalf of the NHS trust. You will be the contract lead managing a team of Supervisors with circa 20 Security Officers providing a 24 hour service. You will lead and motivate the team and develop them to manage resources to deliver an effective and efficient business operation which will achieve the budgeted financial results and deliver a performance that consistently exceeds the service levels and KPI standards agreed with the client.
Business Development & Client Relationships
• To identify, establish and maintain positive business relationships with the client and attend regular client contract performance review and other meetings at all levels.
• Produce statistical data for the client as and when required
• To be proactive in discussions with the client with a view to increasing scope of activity with a view to generating increased revenue and margins for the Company.
Finance & Cost Control
• As the "owner" of your contract’s budget be responsible for ensuring that the commercial performance of the contracts meets and exceeds the commercial expectations of the APCOA stakeholders.
• Complete monthly variance reports and forecast on the financial performance of the contract and implement corrective actions to address adverse financial performance.
• Develop, complete and present your contract’s annual cost and revenue budget.
• Manage and motivate a team of Supervisors and Security Officers to deliver the security service.
• To ensure consistent deployment of security team as per contractual requirements
People and Manpower planning
• Recruit and select staff in accordance with company procedure to fill vacancies to ensure that deployment levels are maintained as required.
• Ensure new and existing employees are trained and appropriately licensed to carry out their job role.
• Performance/absence management
Health, Safety & Compliance
• To manage the completion and filing of all relevant documentation in accordance with the Company Policies & Procedures.
• Adhere to company Health and Safety and Risk Assessments requirements and best practice at all times.
• Ensure robust incident reporting and emergency security procedures are followed.
Background and attributes
• Proven multi-disciplinary experience in operational, contract, commercial and project management and management exposure in a client facing role - minimum of 2 years contract management experience.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at individual, team and group level and equally comfortable and effective in communicating with front line staff, managers, directors and members of the public.
• Excellent relationship management skills and able to build, develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients, suppliers and internal support services.
• Experience of working within Security industry is essential.
• SIA licenced.
• Bonus scheme up to 10% of annual salary
• 33 days holiday
• Group Pension Plan with Life Assurance
• Employee discounts