Family Support Worker
Spencer Clarke Group are working closely with Staffordshire Council to appoint a Family Support Worker to their team. The role is on a full time, agency contract for a minimum of 3 months which is highly likely to be extended on an ongoing basis.
The working hours - Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00.
Location of Work - Burton Area Office, DE14 2EQ.
Rate of Pay - £11+ per hour.
Key Responsibilities within the role include:
- To provide transport and escort children and their families to a variety of situations including contact visits, school, medical appointments, meetings and social activities working under the direct guidance of the case holding social worker.
- Under guidance to organize and supervise children’s contact visits with their families.
- To provide practical support to families and carers.
- To support children and young people in a range of social and recreational activities in the community.
- Together with colleagues to provide care, supervision, and activities for children whilst their parents or carers are attending groups or meetings.
- In respect of Looked After Children, to complete Life Story Work and prepare young people for new placements.
- To support families and young people where there is a risk of placement breakdown.
- To attend reviews, planning meetings and other relevant meetings as required.
- To provide verbal and written reports to the Line Manager or case holding worker.
- In exceptional circumstances, and following a risk assessment, to stay overnight in the homes of children and families for whom we are providing a service.
- To ensure all work undertaken is recorded on a child’s electronic case file.
- To make effective use of IT systems.
- To participate in supervision, team meetings and training sessions.
- To work with carers, families and young people to help them develop a range of living/household management skills
If you are interested in the role, please send a copy of your most recent CV, as we do not hold a record on file, to before contacting Richard at Spencer Clarke Group on.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85721192