Purchasing Administrator - Burntwood
Our Burntwood based client is recruiting for a Purchasing Administrator to join them on a 12 week Temporary to Permanent basis.
Ideally someone who has experience with orderwise, who has proven record in the purchasing department.
- Obtaining pricing for ah hoc and contractual purchasing requests.
- Negotiating costs.
- Completing purchase orders in line with company procedure and approvals process.
- Collating & storing prospective supplier information / data.
- Chase late, absent deliveries from suppliers.
- Respond to supply issues.
- Organising and working to deadlines
- Assist in delivering & analysing information accurately in a timely manner supporting the purchasing manager.
- Support and assist buyer with maintenance of preferred supplier list and supplier audits.
- Assist in reviewing operational 'day to day’ supplier performance.
- Producing RFQ’S.
- Challenging cost when required..
- Acting as a first point of contact for callers to the department and taking action as appropriate
The ideal candidate will -
- Be Highly motivated & driven
- Have Strong communication skills
- Possess excellent attention to detail
- Have Problem solving skills
- Good PC skills including Word and Excel preferably experience with Orderwise or SAP
- Will have the ability to work to deadlines
- Be Target driven & ambitious, with excellent time management.
- Have worked in a purchasing administrator role previously or to be proficient in administration with interest to progress in procurement / purchasing.
Hours : 8.00 am - 5.00 pm