WHAT COMPANY YOU WILL BE WORKING FOR
Westray Recruitment Consultants have the pleasure of working with a leading global automotive manufacturer who fully invests in their employees and who hold honesty, hard work and trust at the forefront of their corporate approach. We're searching for a Welding Engineer in Cannock to deliver requirements based on control, systems & procedures of all MIG, MAG, GMAW & TIG welding processes and to provide technical assistance to all associated departments with welding matters.
Our client believes that promoting the personal and professional development of employees in future brings the fulfilment of business objectives. With a longevity of over 20 years in the automotive manufacturing industry, our client can offer a highly sustainable and progressive working environment. This is a great opportunity for an experienced and motivated Senior Quality Engineer to join the site based in Cannock work toward to support the company's programme and engineering activities.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE?
As the Welding Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Deliver requirements based on control, systems & procedures of all MIG, MAG, GMAW & TIG welding processes and to provide technical assistance to all associated departments with welding matters.
- Integration & implementation of new processes, and drive improvement activities on existing processes.
- Provide overall direction & control of all MIG/MAG & TIG welding processes, and associated documentation.
- Development & implementation of internal working standards, documentation & performance reports.
- Provide hands-on technical support where required to other members of associated departments.
- Assist in the development & integration of both manual & automated / robotic welding processes.
- Applying an advanced level of ability & understanding in welding to securing a safe working environment.
- Liaising with the UK Weld Process Definition Manager when required, which may also require travel to other sites & line builders.
- Create plans, schedules of work & detailed work instructions for the PPM/TPM of all MIG, MAG, and GMAW & TIG welding processes.
- Apply knowledge & understanding of the utilisation & effectiveness of welding consumables.
- Implement & control a stock management system/routine of welding spares.
- Assess welding processes for quality, productivity, function & condition.
- Identify areas for improvement in terms of quality enhancement, productivity increase and reducing costs to the business.
- Apply knowledge, understanding & abilities into the training of others.
- Support internal & external auditing of welding processes & control.
- Ensure strict adherence to safe working practices and observe safety rules at all times.
WHAT EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS ARE REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION?
To be successful in the role of Welding Engineer you will have the following requirements: