'World Beating Engineering'
GBP80k - GBP100K basic + 20% bonus potential + executive benefits package
You're already a well-established engineering manager in the high value, precision component field, but if you're looking for true professional bragging rights, then this could be just the role for you.
Our client is internationally acclaimed in the industrial engineering field for designing and manufacturing highly complex components - for use in safety critical applications that present the most demanding, even hellish environments imaginable.
This role, in a nutshell, places you at the head of one of the very few engineering teams on the planet that's trusted to meet the technical challenges.
This is a rapidly growing, British niche business that has an extensive international user base and considerable growth potential that it's energetically exploiting.
The engineering department employs some extremely bright people, in both R&D and applied engineering, and there's a formidable precision manufacturing facility on-site, as well as an international support network.
As for the atmosphere, this is a medium-sized technology-driven company that's inquisitive, agile, ambitious and focused on delivering world-beating technology. The lead in all this comes directly from the Board, of which you'll be a key member.
- Maintain and develop the environment talented people need to do their best work, in terms of organisation, equipment and development;
- Provide technical leadership, in R&D, in new product development and throughout the design process for challenging projects worldwide;
- Work closely with end users, global OEMs, suppliers and partners to define and deliver all aspects of delivering complex, custom process components successfully;
- Plan and develop the engineering function to accommodate a steep growth curve and contribute fully to the general direction of the business as a Board member;
- Chair the standards group and direct all aspects of product testing, regulatory approval and certification;
- Manage the global support network, including pre-sale and maintenance.
You'll be a highly successful precision engineering manager, most likely working for a project based medium-sized company or division of a global organisation. It's vital you can plan, lead, grow and get the very most from a high performing engineering function.
Some key points:-
- Engineering Degree and / or Masters, with a sound knowledge of high precision mechanical engineering and fluid dynamics;
- Excellent design engineering, operations management and technical management skills, with sound business acumen;
- A thorough understanding of manufacturability, supply chain management and the technical bidding process for large engineering contracts;
- The ability to contribute fully to the general management and development of the business as a Board member;
- A background in safety critical industries, such as Defence, Aerospace, Marine, Power or Petrochemicals
- Strategic thinker, change manager and hands-on leader as required.
The package includes a valuable executive bonus scheme, full range of executive benefits, company car and relocation assistance where applicable. Excel in this role and there'll also be excellent career prospects, within the company and its international parent group.