Overhead Crane Instructor
Forklift / Over Head Crane Instructor and other MHE Instructor
Field Based / Mobile
Competitive Salary + additional pay for travel time
Are you a qualified ITSSAR Cat 1 Instructor or Overhead Crane Operator, and considering using your experience to train others?
Our client was established in 1977 with the goal of providing the highest possible standards of forklift truck training to businesses within the UK. Since then they have expanded to provide over 60 different course types including Forklift Trucks, MEWPs, Cranes and Lorry Loaders, and have extended their customer base out into mainland Europe.
They now operate the largest independent training centre in the United Kingdom and proudly provide the peace of mind that only comes with knowing that your operators, drivers and technicians have been fully trained to the highest standards of safety and operational excellence.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a UK Instructor to join their team. Your application will be considered should you have ITSSAR Cat 1 Registration or Overhead Crane operating experience. Full training and accreditation can be provided.
About the Forklift Instructor / Trainer and other MHE Instructor:
You will be providing Overhead crane, forklift, MEWP and a variety of other MHE training to corporate and self-sponsored trainees, from novice to experienced operators, around the UK at client sites and at the company’s training centre in Coventry.
Other duties will include;
- Delivering consistent assessments of operators and passing or referring them as appropriate
- Maintaining open lines of communication with both operators and the administration team
- Completing course paperwork for trainees to allow for records to be kept up to date
- Maintaining safe working practices and a safe environment for the learners
You must have the right aptitude and personality to confidently train individuals using your practical and working knowledge of Overhead Crane, Counter balance and Forklift Truck experience.
You must also have:
- Confidence, excellent communicator with strong customer-facing skills
- Action orientated and solution focused
- A Team player and the ability to work on your own initiative
- Highly organised, with efficient time management and great attention to detail
- Computer literate (Word, Powerpoint and Outlook)
- UK Driving licence with a maximum of 3 penalty points
- Regular travel and some shift work is involved, so you need to be flexible and able to work away during the week.
If you have any ITSSAR, AITT or RTITB accreditations, then even better:
- ITSSAR accredited operator certificates for Reach (D1/2), VNA (F1), MEWPs (3a and 3b), Slinging/Signalling, Manual Handling, Lorry Loaders and any others would be of great benefit.
- ITSSAR Category 4 registered Tutors
- ITSSAR accredited Overhead Crane and Counterbalance (B1) operator certification
- ITSSAR Category 1 Instructor qualification or equivalent.
How to apply for FLT / OHC MHE Training / Instructor role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this FLT / OHC MHE Training / Instructor job, just click “apply” today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any other supporting documents you may have.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85672173