Higher Level Learning Support Assistant Needed in Solihull
A school based in Solihull is looking for an enthusiastic and flexible person to join their learning support team. The successful candidate will provide assistance for students with additional educational needs who requires support in their classes across the curriculum. This role will definitely involve a 'handson' approach to while group teaching and consequently, the school are looking to employ somebody who thrives in a student -facing, forward-thinking environment.
Experience in supporting students in STEM subjects would be an advantage, although not necessary as training will be provided in this area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Support for Learners
- Carry out specific small group and individual teaching for students with SEND and those with low literacy and numeracy skills including assessing students’ progress;
- Use a wide range of specialist skills to meet the academic learning needs of pupils including diagnostic’s and developing bespoke intervention activity;
- Working with the Examination Officer and Director of Inclusion, to ensure that students receive the support they are entitled to for exams;
- In accordance with arrangements made by the Director of Inclusion, progress pupils’ learning in a range of classroom settings, including working with individuals, small groups and whole classes where the assigned teacher is not present for a fixed amount of time.
Support for the Curriculum
- Plan and review timetables for Teaching Assistants under the direction of the SENCo;
- Plan and review timetables to support students in the classroom under the direction of the SENCo;
- Take and keep accurate records of minutes of meetings;
- Ensure that the SEND Register is kept accurate and up to date and that staff are kept informed of pupil special educational needs;
- Ensure that student files and records are kept up to date;Be responsible for the preparation, maintenance and control of stocks of materials and resources.