Mechanical Fitter - Rail
Fitters are required to work on a modification and upgrade project for a large rail company based in Wolverhampton. The project is working on an interior modification of wiring as well as fit and finish. The role is a mechanical position but an understanding of any wiring such as panel wiring, wifi, cctv, module replacement etc would be an advantage.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for the modification of an internal wiring on the class 390.
You will be required to:
- Remove and replace railway equipment in line with drawing and process specification
- Remove internal fittings to create access
- Remove and replace wiring looms
- Follow schematics and vehicle maintenance sheets
- Operate as a member of a work team, as the role of that work team requires
- Submit problem sheets which detail solutions to problems / issues encountered on work being undertaken
- Maintain good housekeeping within the working area
Key skills and requirements for the role include:
- Previous rolling stock modification experience (if not rolling stock: military, coaches, buses, aircraft, HGV) would be an advantage.
- Able to act as a member of a multi-disciplined team
- Developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Work on own initiative where required
- Good judgement and decision-making capability
- Any mechanical qualifications would be an advantage (such as NVQ 2 or 3)
To apply please send an up to date cv or call 0203 201 1211 for more information.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85668067