My Hereford based client is actively seeking for a Senior Electronics Engineer to lead the Electronics design Team on an exciting new design of a wireless fire alarm system. The R&D department is looking to take on an enthusiastic, motivated, and highly knowledgeable person with excellent problem-solving skills to carry out the design, layout, testing and fault-finding of analogue and digital circuits.
- A minimum 5 years of proven experience as a design Engineer with experience in power electronics.
- Proficient in Digital Electronics design.
- Proficient in Analog Electronics design.
- Experience in component selection, prototyping, testing and making design changes.
- Experience using Altium for schematic and layout design purposes including right-firsttime design.
- Ability to manage and work with other Electronics Engineers and / Test Engineers as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
- Experience with designing highly efficient buck & boost converters.
- Experience designing for EMC and make changes in-situ is desirable.
- Proficient in the use of standard test and measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes and multimeters. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design / re-design of prototypes through to meet the requirement specification.
- Manage the development of circuit boards for low-power battery powered devices.
- Adhere to the new product development best practises such as Design for Manufacture and Design for Cost.
- Work with engineering lifecycle processes to ISO9001 standards.
- Test and diagnosis of hardware and its functionality, including fault finding and bug fixing.
- Perform various stages of testing on the hardware such as qualification, verification and validation, pre-compliance and regulatory testing.
- Liaise with test houses for various tests. This may require some travel.
- Work to project timelines and ensure the highest quality product possible and help bring it to market on time.
- Create detailed test plans, procedures and test reports from requirement specifications or use cases.