Lead Software Asset Management Consultant
You will be the day to day lead on your projects, reporting to a Partner or Director. Your responsiblities will include:
- Being the primary point of contact between KPMG and client personnel.
- Operating as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the domain of software licencing and optimisation.
- Designing and implementing approaches to meeting client requirements according to specific organisational and technology environments.
- Leading teams to deliver SAM engagements for clients, ensuring that the agreed scope of work is delivered to the required standards
- Preparation of reports and other client deliverables.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
- Quality assuring the team's work.
- Managing the financial performance of your projects in order to meet profitability targets.
- Contributing to business development activities including prospecting for opportunities and responding to tenders
The successful candidate will:
- Have obtained a degree or relevant qualification.
- Have 5 years+ experience in a software asset management role.
- Have experience with configuring & operating software asset management tools.
- Understand contractual models for sale/purchase of software and how to extract value in terms of cost savings & cost avoidance during a contracts lifetime and optimisation at its renewal.
- Demonstrate a strong general understanding of information technology.
- Demonstrate a track record of developing successful relationships with key client stakeholders.
- Be a highly motivated team player with strong communication skills.
- Be passionate about developing junior team members.
- Have outstanding Microsoft Excel skills.
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Office and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to work well under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate persistence and tenacity.
- Have the confidence to solve problems and to fill gaps in technical knowledge by questioning, collaborating with others, and researching technical and contractual documentation.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and focus on delivering high quality work.
- Be commercially aware and have a track record of successful business development.