GBP30,000 - GBP35,000 per annum
Monday - Friday 7.45am-5.15pm
- Are you an experienced quality engineer and want to work for a market leading organisation?
- Do you want to work for a business that can offer growth and progression?
- Are you forward thinking, self motivated and driven to improve process?
Our client, based in Coventry, are looking for a Quality Engineer who is to be responsible for developing the service and quality of all factored goods supplied to and sold by our client. The ideal candidate will need to ensure all QA processes of the supplier have an ethical supply chain from start to finish.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the quality and service from external suppliers of factored goods and raw materials
- Investigate all service and quality issues raised internally or by our customers that relate to these suppliers
- Work with the suppliers to develop improvement plans, giving the business a clear and sustainable competitive advantage
- Provide feedback on any issues raised including proposed resolution
- Monitor performance of supplier against process improvement plans
- Carry out supplier audits for existing and future suppliers
- Develop and maintain vendor performance measurement system, carrying out regular reviews
- Provide support to procurement team and material control to ensure smooth flow of goods, meeting or exceeding our service and quality expectations
- Ensure suppliers meet any new or current regulations as defined by the technical department
- Ensure suppliers meet the design requirements consistently, as specified by the design team
- Work alongside product management and sales to ensure the suppliers can meet our product quality and service requirements.
- Support the new product introduction process, ensuring goods from external suppliers meet the product and packing specifications
- Work with suppliers to ensure that packaging consistently conforms to specification and is suitable for our outbound supply chain
- Documentation of supplier development processes including supplier audits and supplier quality processes
- Meet health and safety requirements as specified in the Health and Safety policy
- Negotiation skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Good inter personnel skills as international travel will be required 2-3 times per year
- Collaborative Team Working
- Problem Solving
- Organisational Excellence
- Degree level capability preferable
- Lean Auditor capability desirable
If you do not receive a response within five working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Eileen Richards Recruitment are experienced within seven different sectors consisting of Accountancy and Finance, Construction, Contact Centre, Directors/Non-Executive, Human Resources, Office (including PA/EA), and Sales and Marketing.
We look forward to helping you in your career in these sectors, so please send a copy of your CV to us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career in these sectors please feel free to refer them to us.
We look forward to hearing from you.