We're currently on the market for a Tax Assistant to work within a high performing Tax team in Birmingham.
This team has seen steady growth in its client portfolio over the long term, so the responsibilities of this role are relatively flexible. We're interested in anyone with a corporate or personal tax background but would also be interested to speak to anyone with tax experience.
You will report directly to the Tax Partner, while being supported by other senior members of the tax team. The long term goal will be to facilitate your development into a Tax Consultant, allowing you to take on your own clients and building your own advisory portfolio.
On offer is a mature and flexible work environment, as well as comprehensive training and support for staff who are studying or have completed their ATT.
As a Tax Assistant, your duties will be flexible according to your experience and interests, including:
• Manage and service an allocated portfolio of private clients
• Identify any additional tax advice required within the portfolio
• Personal tax and corporate tax opportunities
• Support with any HMRC tax enquiries that may arise
• Consistently communicating with Managers/Directors to ensure a free flow of information and ideas
• Working within a social and cohesive team, but also working independently depending on the nature of your current workload
• Assisting with the annual preparation of P11D forms
To be successful, you will be:
• Currently studying towards, or have already obtained a recognised tax qualification (e.g. ATT)
• Have a minimum 1 year of experience in a tax focused position, ideally within practice
• Able to build strong relationships with colleagues and clients
This is an excellent opportunity to join a firm that will bend over backwards to ensure your personal and professional development. If you're interested to know more, please apply now.