Yard Team Leader - 0188
BCA operates the largest used-vehicle marketplace in the UK and Europe operating in 10 countries, 60 different locations, selling 1.3 million vehicles per annum. BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year as it provides services along the vehicle life cycle from port to dealerships for new vehicles to refurbishment and logistics for used vehicles and the core re-marketing and auction operations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join British Car Auctions, a fast paced company that really values your skills and hard work - a chance to work for the BCA Operations Team, a positive and focused team working for Europe’s largest vehicle remarketing company.
Main purpose of job:
Assist the Yard Manager to ensure that all vehicles, once they have entered the site, are stored, moved, and parked on site in accordance with the notified Sale Day Programme and Company safety standards so that vehicles enter the Auction Halls at the correct time, in the correct order and having received the valet/wash service as stipulated by the customer.
- Direct the storage and parking of all vehicles on site and the movement of vehicles between the Yard and the Auction Halls, via agreed valet/wash services, so that vehicles enter and leave the Auction Halls in accordance with the notified Sale Day programme.
- Assist the Yard Manager to ensure that all vehicles in the Yard & Halls are correctly recorded and that all documentation associated with the Yard & Halls is accurately completed, in accordance with the site’s operating procedures, so that vehicles can be found when needed and so that vehicles are not left on site longer than has been agreed.
- Ensure that the Company’s Health and Safety standards and practices are adhered to in the Yard & Halls area by both Company workers and by members of the public so that accidents to vehicles and people are prevented, as far as is reasonably practicable.
- Train and develop the yard department staff to ensure that all employees are competent in their duties; create and fulfil training plans as required.
- Manage expenditure and waste in the department to ensure that budgetary targets are met or exceeded.
- Action any issues, queries or complaints arising so that any problems are resolved, in a timely fashion, to all parties’ satisfaction as far as is reasonably practicable. Escalate any complex issues to the relevant manager.
- Undertake any cross functional tasks in the yard department to ensure that operational requirements are met.
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks as necessary to meet the business needs and for your own personal development.
- May deputise for the Yard Manager as required.
- To assist and monitor outstanding vehicle imaging and appraisals in line with vendor SLA’s.
Whilst some management activity is carried out within a normal office environment, the yard & halls activities are predominantly undertaken outdoors. This means that in order to effectively direct the operations in the yard & halls the job holder necessarily spends a significant proportion of their time exposed to weather conditions.
A flexible approach to working hours is required to meet the needs of the business which are driven by the auctions.
Must hold a Full Valid UK Driving License
Team Leader/Management experience
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm
Working for BCA
We have been bringing together buyers and sellers for nearly 70 years. Starting in 1946 as Southern Counties Car Auctions, we were one of the first companies to let people across the UK buy and sell a wide range of cars at auction, from budget run-arounds to exotic imports.
Working for BCA you will receive;
Benefits include a minimum of 31 days holiday Inc. Bank Holidays
Company pension scheme
Internal promotion as much as possible
Free parking onsite
Cycle to work scheme
Subsidised onsite restaurant
Uniform will be provided (excluding footwear)
Reward scheme that offers online and high street discounts
If you're looking for a career that has great teamwork, training, rewards, long-term scope and is going places - apply now!