Interim Financial Controller
Becoming an (interim) Financial Controller with Entrust/Capita
An Interim Financial Controller is required for a joint venture between Staffordshire County Council and Capita, formed in April 2013. The division is focused on the provision of educational outsourcing services, comprising four business units; Education Services, Learning Technology Services, Facilities Services and Property Services. Based in Stafford, it has an annual turnover in excess of £70m and has robust plans for rapid growth.
What you will do:
- To lead, develop, implement, and review finance process across supported business units.
- Undertake review of sales forecast and pipeline with business
- Work with finance director on strategic initiatives
- Facilitate the implementation of new finance system
- Provide ad hoc reporting to support the business JV activities
- Lead the annual business planning process
- To develop, implement, review, monitor and analyse initiatives to manage and mitigate business unit risks.
- To lead the month end financial process for the business providing insightful commentary on key monthly variances for the results and presentations where appropriate.
- Strengthen balance sheet reporting and initiatives to improve the working capital of the business unit.
- To ensure all aspects of general compliance and financial control are met.
- To contribute on the development of any financial models to evaluate the financial case for any proposed changes or commercial developments (in addition to business performance and continual improvements).
- Provide support to the Finance Director on specific initiatives as appropriate.
Your experience will include:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Flexibility and excellent communication skills for this fast changing environment.
- Proven ability to support non-finance staff in the management of cost centres
- Team leadership experience
- Ability to identify the key financial and service risks from financial data.
- Experience of fast paced, changing environment.
- Flexible and Innovative person willing to drive forward change to the business.
- Knowledge of SAP and Axiom reporting systems preferable
Entrust is a joint venture between Capita and Staffordshire County Council. We work across the UK in partnership with schools, academies and local authorities to provide specialist expertise around school improvement, learning technologies, and property and support services. We currently work in over 50 local authorities, with 600 schools. Join us and you'll be part of the fastest growing school-to-school support partner in England.
Entrust are part of Capita Plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers' needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also offer company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance and to request a full job description.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.