Financial Reporting Manager
The Finance team are recruiting for a Financial Reporting Manager. You will be responsible for the reporting of financial information for the H&B International group of companies. The financial information includes aiding in the annual statutory accounts filing and oversight of the annual audit of the financials.
- Manage the monthly balance sheet reconciliation process across the finance reporting team and ensure timely completion each month
- Responsible for supporting the team with fixed asset register maintenance including WIP management and disposals / impairment processing
- Calculation of month end unrealised profit
- Preparation of the monthly layering Report and transfer pricing schedules
- Analysis of margin queries as required from monthly queries submitted by the retail field management team
- Oversee the reporting of IT spend and supporting analysis
- Oversee the reporting of key fixed assets notes each month
- Oversee the reporting of intercompany, managing accounts to ensure the group balances as a whole
- Managing the process between the H&B Group entities and the parent L1R entities. Reporting monthly to the parent, taking sole ownership of the H&B/L1R joint entities. Responding promptly with requests from the parent finance teams.
- Identify process weaknesses and proactively look to improve these
- Support the preparation of group annual statutory accounts
- Support the senior financial reporting manager with the financial audit relationship including audit planning and timing
- Play a lead role in liaising with auditors and providing information as they require
- Responsible for the management, supervision, and motivation of associates and organisation of all work in the department.
- Ensuring all procedures are documented
- Ensuring areas of control comply with internal controls and ensure weaknesses are identified and recommendations made to remediate
- To plan and control own work, to make the most effective use of time and effort
- To suggest ways of improving existing systems and procedures
- Ensure that all possible interfaces are in place, always looking for more efficient systems to stop manual intervention throughout the department, working with head of financial accounting
- Developing control points across the wider reporting team to ensure policies and processes are being maintained
- Qualified Chartered Accountant with experience in Financial Reporting
- Oracle experience would be an advantage
- Microsoft Office, Excel advanced, Word, Powerpoint Intermediate
- ACA qualified with practise experience (desirable)
- An eye for detail, commercially minded and passionate about adding value
- Ability to work in a high pressured ever evolving environment
- Must be able to multi-task, manage several deliverables simultaneously, work independently and be extremely flexible in order to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Strong leadership skills, with experience in a multi-site / multi-channel retail business
- Prior knowledge and first-hand experience of preparing statutory financial accounts
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go???