Assistant Category Manager / Junior Buyer - Vitamins
As an Assistant Category Manager for the Vitamins, Herbals, Minerals & Supplements Categories you will report to one of the Category Managers for VHMS, and will own the product management process of a specialist, market leading retailer - from the drawing board into our customers' hands.
The successful candidate will be highly driven and tenacious with experience in retail buying. You will be responsible for developing the buying strategy for your growing product areas, and will source and develop product ranges which satisfy our customers' requirements, whilst achieving our company objectives.
By confidently using your influencing and negotiating skills, both with our supplier base and internally, you'll work strategically to make sure we have deliver customer-centric ranges and promotions that meet our financial targets
To continuously review current Category Performance and the market place. Work with Supplier base to develop an innovative and profitable product range to meet anticipated demand of the customer base and improve the commercial performance of the Category.
- Management and control of the Supplier base in their Categories to source an innovative and profitable product range to meet anticipated demand of the customer base and improve the commercial performance of the Category.
- Be involved in Supplier negotiations to maximise profits on Branded and Own Label product ensuring that all suppliers are meeting requirements on margin, marketing support and delivery performance.
- Coordinate Category activity with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with the Marketing team to maximise the success of promotional activity through accurate sales and product forecasting.
- Work with the Buying Team to develop new and exciting products for the Category.
- Work alongside the E-commerce and CRM / Insight teams to implement programmes using our Rewards for Life and multi-channel delivery.
- Provide information and analysis to assess levels of slow moving & dormant stock and work with the team to clear. Maintain stock at agreed levels for planned activity and to reduce overstocks.
- Experience of CategoryManagement or Buying.
- Good negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Track record of working independently.
- Ability to build relationships both with suppliers and internal multi-discipline teams.
- Strong numeracy and analytical ability to find trends and patterns from reports.
- Experience in using forecasting tools and techniques, ERP software solution and intermediate user of all Microsoft Office tools including Excel.
- Determined, tenacious and resilient
- Optimistic and open-minded to change
- Customer focussed
- Positive, resourceful and an energetic team worker
- Driven to continuously improve both yourself and your team's performance