Finance Manager Inventory and Margins
Finance Manager (Inventory and Margins)| Herefordshire | Up to GBP60,000 + benefits
Want to be part of a company that are a world leader in their field?
This company promote generations of innovation, times have changed over the years but this companies spirit of invention and drive to create new solutions hasn't
Responsible for Inventory and Margins Accounting and associated key operational projects. Monthly reporting process with respect to inventory, margins and production related items - and other areas as determined from time to time.
- Managing and maintaining (complex) inventory valuation methods - and accurate and timely accounting.
- Inventory management and reporting.
- Implement / maintain updated metals and overhead standard costing system - both short term and longer term within new company IT system.
- Wider accounting and controls responsibilities. Including margins & profit improvement projects through working with the rest of the accounting team and cross functionally
- Involvement in / co-ordination of Physical Inventories as agreed with Corporate and Division. Responsibility for implementing and monitoring physical inventory controls across the site.
- Understanding and applying UK GAAP and US GAAP.
- Implementing PCC toolbox accounting & management methods for inventory and margins.
- Reporting to tight deadlines as per the PCC & Divisional timetable.
- Management / effective team working with direct reports, accounting peers, site colleagues, and divisional & corporate staff.
- Comprehensive knowledge of policies, procedures, and practices.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Strong skills and knowledge of accounting theory, application of financial principles (GAAP) & Standard Cost Accounting.
- Liaison with auditors including internal, external and SOX audits.
- Project management background is highly beneficial.
- Strong accounting skills and understanding is required.
- Must be very detailed oriented and flexible within an ever changing environment.
- Excellent PC computer skills with advanced Excel spreadsheet experience are required.
- Excellent communication; strong planning and organization skills.
Education and Experience:
- Degree - Finance/Accounting
- Possession of a professional accounting qualification, i.e. CIMA, ACMA, ACCA, ACA, is mandatory in this position, together with a minimum of three years' post-qualification accounting experience in industry
For further information, please contact Rhian Mountjoy on or