Quality Engineer / Supplier Quality Engineer
A leading global manufacturer is looking to recruit an experienced Quality Engineer to join their established team.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a Quality Engineer in a machining environment with a particular emphasis on Supplier Quality.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a company which is experiencing growth and can offer excellent training & development.
Commutable: Kidderminster, Bromsgrove, Solihull, Redditch, Birmingham, Worcester, Droitwich, Evesham
- 25 days holiday + 8 Bk holiday
- Company Pension
- Life Assurance
- Free car park
- Training & Development
Purpose of Role:
The Quality Engineer will ensure continued service improvement of supply to customers and assist in the drive to achieve a zero defect culture throughout the plant and supply chain.
The Successful Candidate (Skills & Experience):
- Experienced Quality Engineer/Supplier Quality Engineer/Senior Quality Engineer/ in a machining engineering environment
- Proven experience of Supplier Management
- Experience with ISO Quality Management Systems
- Experienced with producing all quality documentation e.g. FMEA, PPAP, Inspection reports
- Problem solving tools, including 8D & Process Mapping
- Internal Auditing experience (System, Product, Process)
- Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement techniques & processes
- Engineering Change Management
- Lead root cause analysis investigations to ensure robust corrective actions.
- Undertake Product and Process audits
- Control Plan & PFMEA
- Manage and resolve customer complaints
- Initial sample inspection report management including inspection, PPAP review and approval
- Internal audits to ISO9001 requirements
- Represent Quality department during external audits
- Resolve non-conformance issues with suppliers for completion of corrective actions
- Conduct Supplier quality assessments, audits & improvement activities
- Management of the Engineering Change Notification process (ECN's)
- Provide technical support for internal and external customers
- Support Lean/Continuous improvement activities
- Use quality tools, plus internal and external audits to support objectives and Quality Management System (ISO9001/IATF16949) deployment.
For more information please send your CV to:
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Engineering & Manufacturing, IT and Supply Chain & Procurement. We also recruit for Business Support roles & Executive level positions. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.