Do you want to make a real difference to someone's life?
If so, this could be the job for you.
Newcross Healthcare are seeking dedicated Registered Nurses (RNs) and Registered Mental Health Nurses (RMNs) to deliver outstanding care to our service users in Hereford, Leominster, Ledbury, Bromyard, Kington and the surrounding areas.
Working for Newcross is entirely flexible, work full or part time hours, flexibility with your rota to fit around your life, all with the security of a permanent job with guaranteed hours and a local line manager. We have a range of shifts available from long days and nights, to evenings and weekends in a variety of care environments.
As a Registered Nurse, you can access our exclusive Platinum Ticket Invitation, which means you'll receive a free uniform when you join our team, a free DBS check upfront and a £500 welcome bonus after your first 250 hours of work with Newcross*.
Simply submit your timesheets by 5pm and be paid up to 50% of the value of your shift the very same day!
What can you expect from your Nursing role?
As a member of our Newcross Nursing Team, you will be providing life-enhancing care to our service users enabling them to lead the life that they choose.
Our nursing services mean that we put the user at the centre of everything we do. You must have a compassionate approach and be confident in your ability to provide life-enhancing nursing care that protects the dignity of the client and is in line with their personalised care plan.
You'll need to have excellent clinical skills, with a valid NCM pin number, and the confidence to work with clients independently and as part of a wider MDT team. Experience of medication administration within a nursing home setting and team leader skills are highly desirable.
Mental Health Nursing Role
As a Mental Health Nurse (RMN), you will be working closely with patients who can be anxious or confused so a calm approach is vital to establish rapport. Another important aspect of this role is providing support for family and friends of the individual in your care who play a key part in their life.
Our service users come from a range of environments, including specialist mental health nursing homes and private hospitals, however in some instances there are also opportunities for RMNs to work with people with substance addiction, depression and challenging behaviour experience to work with clients in a more long-term capacity.
Skills & Opportunities
This is a great chance for you to improve your skill set with a range of free training programmes available, all provided by Newcross earned through credits as you work. This could include training from Basic Life Support, BSL or Makaton to Dementia Care and many more.
If you want to develop in your career this could be the opportunity for you.
What will you benefit from?
- Salary of up to £31.52/hr including holiday pay
- Free criminal record check (DBS) upfront*
- Free uniform upon joining*
- £500 Platinum Reward after 250 hours of work with Newcross
- Specialised nurse training available free through credits earned as you work
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Revalidation support through local line manager and Clinical Governance team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online Intranet and smartphone app to manage your availability and bookings
- NurChat nurse forum - get support and discuss issues with your peers
To apply to this role you will need
- Current valid NMC registration
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 6 months' post-qualification experience in a nursing role
- At least 2 referee contact details, one from your current employer and one from your current or previous place of work commenting on your clinical ability. You must also provide referee contact details for all other employments in the past 18 months or for your 3 most recent jobs.
- A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months, or are willing to book onto a Newcross course
- You will need access to a smartphone, iPhone (5s or later), iPad or iPod touch compatible with IOS 8.0 (or later) or Android device with a 4.3 operating system (or later), with internet access to submit your timesheets via our mobile app
- Access to your own vehicle is desirable
We provide nursing care in a range of settings from acute, hospital and ward environments to care, nursing and residential homes, so it's essential you have experience in at least one of these.
Your Local Team
Opened in 2015, your local branch is situated in Kemble House on Broad Street in Hereford city centre. We cover a wide area of Herefordshire, offering shifts from Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye up to Leominster and Bromyard.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application
If you cannot apply online, please call 0800 252 881. Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Platinum Nurse Reward Package offer for details.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/85632164